CHICAGO – The Chicago Cubs today announced new structuring in the player development and scouting departments, as well as the additions of new area and pro scouts. Additionally, the club announced that Assistant General Manager Randy Bush has agreed to a three-year contract extension.
In 2013, Bush will begin his seventh season as Assistant General Manager and his ninth season overall with the organization after joining the Cubs as a special assistant to the General Manager prior to the 2005 campaign. His tenure with the Cubs included a stint as interim general manager from August 19, 2011 until the Cubs hired General Manager Jed Hoyer on November 1, 2011.
The structures of the Cubs player development and scouting departments are now as follows:
- Brandon Hyde, Director of Player Development.
- Tim Cossins, Field Coordinator. Cossins joins the Cubs from the Marlins organization.
- Alex Suarez, Assistant Director of Player Development/International Scouting. For Suarez, this is a promotion from coordinator of player development/international scouting.
- David Macias, Player Development/International Scouting Assistant. Macias was an outfielder in the Cubs minor league system from 2008-11.
- Jaron Madison, Director of Amateur Scouting.
- Lukas McKnight, Assistant Director of Amateur Scouting. For McKnight, this is a promotion from regional crosschecker.
- Shane Farrell, Amateur Scouting Assistant. Farrell pitched for Marshall University from 2008-11 and scouted the Cape Cod League last summer.
Additionally, the Cubs have hired Chris Clemons, JP Davis and Alex Lontayo as new area scouts, while Mark Adair is now a regional crosschecker after previously serving as a pro scout.
- Louie Eljaua, Special Assistant to the General Manager/Director of International Scouting.
- Alex Suarez, Assistant Director of Player Development/International Scouting.
- David Macias, Player Development/International Scouting Assistant.
- Paul Weaver, International Scouting crosschecker, coordinator of Pacific Rim Scouting.
- Joe Bohringer, Director of Pro Scouting.
- Andrew Bassett, Pro Scouting Coordinator. For Bassett, this is a promotion from baseball operations assistant.
Additionally, the Cubs have promoted Jake Ciarrachi to pro scout (from pro scouting coordinator) and hired the following new pro scouts: Steve Boros, Terry Kennedy and Mark Kiefer. Denny Henderson and Steve Hinton have moved to pro scouting from amateur scouting. The Cubs have also hired Jason Karegeannes and Brad Kullman as major league scouts, joining Dave Littlefield (special assistant to the GM/major league scout).