CHICAGO -- A woman who accused Carlos Marmol of sexual assault last fall in the Dominican Republic has dropped her civil suit against the right-hander, the Cubs reliever told the Chicago Sun-Times on Monday.
Marmol has claimed innocence since the charges were first brought forth, telling MLB.com in February he felt he was being extorted.
"I know myself. I don't worry about this," Marmol said during Spring Training. "I know what I know, I know what I feel, I know who I am. I know I didn't do anything."
Marmol said then the woman was trying to blackmail him.
"It is about money," Marmol said. "The first thing, when they went to the police, is they asked for money right away. I know I didn't do anything."
Marmol told the Sun-Times on Monday he found out the news late last week and didn't pay a settlement. His representatives said police couldn't find enough evidence to pursue criminal charges, according to the newspaper.
"Everything's clear. It's all done," Marmol told the Sun-Times. "They dropped it. I feel very good about it."